I can’t deny that 2013 was an incredible year! It really was. I hope that 2014 has some amazing things in store for me, my family and my clients as well this upcoming year. * I loved all the clients that I got to work with this year, this shout out goes to YOU! My clients – I honestly wouldn’t be able to do this without you! Thank you for entertaining my ideas, trespassing with me every now and then, and supporting what I do. I love you guys, I truly mean that.
Here are some of the highlights of my year in 2013:
* We moved back to California at the end of the year in January, and I couldn’t be happier to be able to enjoy the company of my friends and family
* I got to hang out with this little guy – this is one of my best friend’s first baby – Mr. Miles Ellis – isn’t he precious? I got to babysit about 2 days a week for a while, and I loved it. The day before I moved to Arizona, my friend Lindsey had this little man. He is just keeps getting bigger and bigger, and I am so glad that I had the chance to get to know him before he got too big!
* My sister Taunie, found out she was pregnant back in December of last year, but it was huge news (you can see why @ this blog post –> HERE) and EVERYONE was soooo excited, and we still are. Kingston Isaac is a GORGEOUS baby boy, who is healthy, and who definitely gives my sister a run for her money! He keeps her up all night, as babies do, and he’s so cute, you just can’t help but love him! I had the pleasure of being able to be here to do her pregnancy announcement photos –>HERE as well as his birth, which we thought I was going to do birth photography, until her birth plan turned to a C-Section at the last minute (read the story HERE)adorable newborn photos (HERE). He is only 3 months old, and I can’t wait until I can pry him out of my sister’s fingers to take him to go do fun things with me! Here are some photos of little Kingston from this year!
*I did A LOT of newborn sessions this year, I finally got comfortable with hanging out with the newborns that I was working with and also with coaching new parents on what to expect for their sessions as well. I think that it was a very successful year for my business, as I am moving more towards working with families, newborns, and doing senior portraits, and further away from photographing weddings and engagements. Here are some of the awesome new babies that I got to meet this year!
* I met an amazing designer who has worked with me on a few of my ideas and project, and I hope to have many more adventures with her! Check out Megan Hodapp Designs – she has everything you need for vintage party rentals – she is pretty amazing, and so good at what she does! Not only that, she is a very sweet girl and great to work with! I did these awesome shoots with her help!
Here are some of my favorites from this past year!
Now let’s not forget about 2014 – I have tons of goals that I would like to accomplish to be as healthy and happy as I can, physically & mentally, as well as in my business life.
Here are some of my goals and things to look forward to in 2014!
*George Strait & Miranda Lambert Concert in Vegas the end of January! Yeehaw! I guess some of you may not know that I am a country fan, but I am! I love country! I saw Jason Aldean in 2013, and plan on also going to the Journey and Steve Miller band in July! I am going with my mom, and one of my longest known best friends Rochelle, who I have known since 3rd grade! We are going to drive – so it’s going to be an awesome road trip, with music, stories and great company!
*I am going to be making more time for my husband, my dog, my family and friends. I am not going to constantly stress out. I have to have a balance between hanging out with my husband, walking Bailey and taking her for rides, not missing as many family functions because I am stuck in front of the computer, not putting off housework because I have to get this out in the mail, or that out. I am going to book a reasonable amount of appointments in a month, but not so many that I don’t even have time to think, let alone give any of my leftover energy to the people and things that mean the most to me.
–My marriage is important – I love my husband. I need to give him some of my time, because my computer is not going to hold me at night… he is.
–My dog is important… you should see the look she gives me when I tell her to “go on” or “go lay down” when I am too busy editing or doing whatever else for my business, that I can’t even take her for a walk.
–My family and friends are important – I will make sure that I consult with my family and friends to make sure that I am there for those big things that keep us so tight knit as a family. I just can’t miss another birthday, baby shower or meeting my godson (Brian’s brother’s boy- who I still haven’t met). I am going to make time for these people, they make my world go around!
-I am going to make time to exercise, and plan my meals, and get in shape. I have put it off for years and honestly, the only person suffering is me! My goal is to lose 30 pounds this year! It’s doable, I just NEED to make the time, and in 2014, I vow that I will. This year, I will lose this weight, and I will make the time to do it. NO MORE excuses! I have made every excuse there is, and I need to put myself in the same importance category that I put my photography business.
* I am going to consistently go to Weight Watchers for a weekly meeting for 6 months. I am starting next Monday. I will try to get my mom to do it with me, but if she falls off the wagon, I won’t use it as my excuse to stop as well.
* I am going to walk on my breaks at work, and I will do Zumba once a week. I may even go back to roller derby, as I absolutely love the workout, but quit because I was putting my business above all else, including exercise and happiness for myself.
*Brian and I are going to buy a new car. – every one of our friends and family know how much we both need new cars! We have been so focused on paying off our debts, that we haven’t done it yet, but good news, in about another $3000, we will be completely DEBT-FREE!!!!!! I don’t think I have ever said that since I was 18… NEVER.
* I am going to every month on the 1st of the month, send my clients, friends and family birthday cards for the ones having birthdays in that month. I started today, by sending 2 of my January clients $5 Starbucks gift cards!
Well. these are my goals for 2014, what are yours?
*I plan on doing more styled mini-sessions! Of course with the help of the awesome Megan Hodapp Designs!